Tuesday 9 October 2007

Lia recommends...

The latest in my exciting line of cultural outings was a trip to see Shadowlands at the Wyndham's theatre last night, courtesy of the beautiful Alessia and her press tickets :) Not only did I get to see Catherine who happened to be down from Cambridge to see it on the same night, but it was an absolutely riveting and extremely moving play. Charles Dance was particularly extraordinary, the story is all the more heartbreaking because it's closely based on real events, and there is a stunning (yet simple, isn't it always the way) set which is as worth seeing as the action. Thoroughly recommended!!

Other than that I've generally been beetling away at work - my tour with the BBC cameras went very well and the people seemed very interested in the venue, although worried about dates. I'm not allowed to reveal any information about the programme (not that I really know any) as I signed a form, but when/if it gets on the telly I'll let you know!! I think it very much depends on whether they want to hire the theatre - we haven't heard back from them yet. Xander and I went to our course as usual on Friday evening which was very interesting but it was all about money last week, so my brain started to get a bit overloaded with new information.

On Saturday (after a 4 hour shift in the box office) I met up with my flatmate from last year, Olly, for coffee and a good old catch-up and natter, which was lovely - he's living in London now and working for a Local Authority which seems very up his street and going well, so that was good to hear, and we're going to meet up again soon. I spent the evening enjoying some wine and the new series of Strictly Come Dancing - complete with Bruce Forsyth being toe-curlingly embarassing, hurrah!
Tim (Connor) came round for a really enjoyable dinner on Sunday, including more wine, after mum had taken me shopping and we got some VERY exciting high-waisted trousers and a beautiful grey dress - I love them and want to live in them. Don't be surprised if I wear nothing else for several months! All in all, a relaxed and successful weekend :)

Xander is off work on some well-deserved holiday this week, so I'm quite busy, but trying to chill out as much as possible in the evenings so that I don't feel run off my feet, and Geoff is coming to visit this weekend and we're going to Chris and Steph's housewarming party on Saturday (before Heather goes back to Preston - boooo!) so hopefully that'll be lots of fun :)

Has anyone seen my brother? He seems to have disappeared from Facebook...
Lxx

No comments: