Tuesday 4 March 2008

Argh not enough time for blogging...

Ok - quick lunchtime blog to assuage my guilt for not having blogged in about a week. So here's everything I can think of, in a nutshell.

Xander and I went to see Hairspray on Thursday, which was BRILLIANT. We also went for sushi first and then had champagne and ice creams in the interval at the theatre. Decadent all round! (see facebook for photos...) Hairspray is probably the most fun show I've seen, despite the fact that we had 4 understudies (Tracey, Velma, Female authority figure and Male authority figure) - they were excellent! Especially the girl playing Tracey (who is a walking cover). Just so much fun, and a really nice outing for Xander's departure. We then had drinks in the bar at the theatre on Friday afternoon, after a team admin lunch at Nando's (mmm, Nando's...) where I finally got to meet Claire Birch, who used to be the Administrator here at the broadway, and who also knows my mum from working at Theatre 503 (awesome fringey theatre that focuses a lot on New writing - check it out!)

At the weekend I did a bit of shopping (including in Topshop at Oxford Circus - error.) and went to Lessy's 6th birthday party. She's actually 24 but her birthday's on the 29th of Feb! Since she was only 6, the fancy dress theme was 'what you wanted to be when you were 6'... having the choice of Ballerina or Princess (I wasn't a very realistic child) I was brave and went as a ballerina! My pictures still to come on facebook, but Abby has put some up already. Chris came with me (as a science teacher) and we drank some very good cocktails and had a very jolly time. So jolly in fact, that we got a bit over-excited on the tube coming home... there are videos on facebook! :S

On Sunday I was at State Fair rehearsals, which went well despite some people being missing - we blocked most of the bits we hadn't yet finished, and then got through a run of the whole of act one and about half of act two, which I was very pleased with given that it's still a month until the show! Plus the cast had remembered almost everything they've learnt so far (in terms of blocking at least!) so that made me happy. We'll need to concentrate on getting the kids into some more chorus scenes, tidying up some of the dance routines (the Fairtones and some of the more recent small group songs) and working on harmonies this week, but I'd like to do at least one run on Sunday, if not two.

Now that Xander has left I'm very busy at work, but I managed to squeeze in a trip to see Nadim play Rolf in the Sound of Music last night with Damian and Chris Peake - Nadim was really excellent (made me feel very proud!) and it was Summer Strallen's press night, so almost the whole cast of Hollyoaks were there to support! Very exciting for star-spotting (Bonnie Langford was there too!)

Must dash - got a tour of the theatre to give. More soon
Lxx

No comments: