Thursday 3 April 2008

Back-to-work Thursday

Having been off for a week, for my birthday and to deal with State Fair, I have now returned to theBROADWAY and to my new colleague Jeremy! He is turning out to be a star already, and a quick learner, which is a great help. I am feeling instantly more relaxed and able to start planning some projects.

State Fair had its first night last night, which went really well (much better than the dress!) and despite the odd technical hiccup or forgotten line, it ran smoothly and the audience seemed to enjoy themselves. Plus we had over 100 people in, which was excellent compared to the 35 we thought we were going to get!

Lyrics of the Day:

"TONY:
Tonight. Tonight.
It all began tonight.
I saw you and the world went away

MARIA:
Tonight. Tonight.
There's only you tonight.
What you are, what you do, what you say.

TONY:
Today, all day I had the feeling
A miracle would happen --
I know now I was right.

TOGETHER:
For here you are,
And what was just a world is a star
Tonight!
Good night. Good night.
Sleep well and when you dream,
Dream of me.
Tonight.

(Reprise)

TONY:
Tonight. Tonight
Won't be just any night.
Tonight there will be no morning star.
Tonight. Tonight.
I'll see my love tonight
And for us, stars will stop where they are.

MARIA:
Today
The minutes seem like hours...
The hours go so slowly
And still the sky is light.
Oh, moon, grow bright
And make this endless day
Endless night, tonight!"
- 'Tonight' from West Side Story (Lyrics by Stephen Sondheim)

No comments: